What is a Fleet Solution?
Vehicle tracking solutions help businesses to manage their fleet - bikes, cars, vans, trucks, ships, planes and other vehicles, while minimizing both costs and risks and improving the overall efficiency of transportation. Fleet solutions typically involve both software and hardware- however, some companies choose to focus on software, while other companies focus on hardware.
Why to Use a Fleet Solution?
There are many benefits to using fleet solutions in your fleet management:
- Administration will be facilitated and improved. With all the information that is being tracked, recorded and sent, time spent on administration will be significantly lowered. If a fleet management is outsourced, this provides even more time savings.
- Cost savings are also one of the benefits of using fleet solutions. Many insurance companies tend to give discounts to companies using fleet solutions and especially the vehicle tracking system. Besides this fact, fleet solution will help with efficiency of business processes as well as with productivity, which can lead to further cost savings.
- Efficiency of business processes is improved also thanks to reports received from the fleet solution, which can be later analysed and used in the future improvement of the fleet management.
- One of the benefits of using a fleet solution is also improved safety - safety of fleet and vehicles, but also the employees and drivers. Many features of fleet solutions contribute to the safety - vehicle tracking, lifecycle management, theft prevention, monitoring of driver behaviour and routes, reports on accidents, vehicle technical status, idle time, breakdown information, notifications and alerts, and many more.
- A fleet solution can improve the time management in a company. While administration is one aspect that is being better time managed with a fleet solution, information on technical status of vehicles, accident reports, vehicle tracking, route management all contribute to a better time management.
- With a fleet solution management of performance is facilitated - driver behaviour monitoring gives the company access to information on drivers, while technical information on vehicles facilitate the other aspect of management of performance.
- Improvement of lifecycle management is also one of the benefits of using a fleet solution. Lifecycle management is crucial to any fleet management - starting from acquisition of fleet, insurance, maintenance until a vehicle’s retirement.
To sum up the benefits of using a fleet solution in your company, the advantages are facilitated and improved administration, cost savings, improved efficiency of business processes, safety, better time management as well as management of performance and lifecycle management.
Before any purchase of fleet solution, a company should be clear on its needs. Hardware can bring different advantages to the fleet. However, it has to fit the needs of the company. If a company is for instance in need of management of bikes, there are companies which offer a weather-proof hardware.
Hardware can also have an effect on the possible features of fleet solutions. A fleet solution can be either passive or active. Passive solutions save the information, which later will be retrieved. Active solutions send all the information in real-time. It is advised to know prior to purchasing, which solution would suit your company best in order to opt for the right hardware.
Since there are many features that are available for the management of your fleet, a prior consideration of functionalities is important. Prices can range according to which feature your company needs as well as on the chosen company providing fleet solutions - some companies offer predefined packages and some companies offer adjusting the fleet solution perfectly to the needs of your company.
What are the most common features, which you should consider for your company and what are the benefits of each feature?
Vehicle tracking system is a very common feature and allows your company to track the location of every vehicle in your fleet, better manage your fleet, notice when a route has been changed, give more accurate information to your customer as well as ensuring the safety of your fleet and drivers.
Monitoring of driver behaviour is also a popular feature in fleet solutions. This feature allows you to monitor unwanted behaviour of drivers such as speeding, bad driving habits and more. This feature can contribute to cost savings, better employee management and trainings.
Theft prevention is another feature that can contribute to better financial management and prevent any loss, but also contributes to improved safety of your fleet and drivers.
A feature that has a high contribution to better financial management and which facilitates saving of costs is fuel management. Fuel management can also help with finding nearest refuelling possibilities as well as with planning the visits of gas stations.
Alerts and notifications can be set up to notify your company about any unwanted or suspicious behaviour, for example in cases of theft or bad driver behaviour. In combination with mobile applications that some companies offer, the notifications can reach your company anytime and and anywhere and allow a very quick reaction.
Reports and analysis can contribute to improvement of business processes in many aspects. Reports on technical status of vehicle and its accidents as well as reports on breakdown and maintenance time can improve the repairment processes as well as the lifecycle management. Reports can furthermore improve fleet and drivers safety.
Analysis of mentioned and other reports can lead to improved and more efficient business. One example is the analysis of reports on driver behaviour, which can lead to better employee management as well as better trainings.
Vehicle tracking, monitoring of driver behaviour, theft prevention, fuel management, alerts and notifications, reports and analysis all contribute to improved business processes. However, it is possible to come across more features while researching and it is a good idea to ask the company offering the solution on more details on the features as well as the evaluation if the given feature is cost-effective.
Need Help with Choosing the Best Fleet Solution?
Is your company considering purchasing a fleet solution, fleet software or fleet hardware? First of all, consideration of your company needs is important as well as research on companies offering fleet management solutions.
Fill out our request form and we will contact you with the free of charge quote from fleet management companies offering fleet solutions to help your company find the best match.