The Android POS Technology
What Is an Android POS System?
Android is the name of the operating system invented by Google™ for touchscreen mobile devices, like tablets and smartphones. An Android Point of Sale system is a cloud-based system, meaning that the POS system works on an online platform.
The Android technology is the latest innovation in the field of ePOS systems. The Android POS system is the compact version of a normal Point of Sale system and belongs to the family of mPOS systems (mobile Point of Sale systems).
For further information or professional advice about Android POS systems, please fill in the form on the right side of the page. Market Inspector provides a free service, by putting you in contact with POS systems suppliers that will help you finding the best solution tailored to your business.
An Android POS system can be used without distinction in all kinds of businesses. Retail, hospitality, travel and beauty industries can equally benefit from the implementation of fast and efficient Android POS systems.
The greatest advantage of an Android POS system is the dual use in terms of sales channels. In this regard, the Android technology ensures an high improvement in the business performance both on-site, in the physical store, and online, in the web-store.
Benefits of Android POS Systems
First of all, it is good to know that an Android POS System can contain several functions in a single device. Concerning the store management, it is possible to control from your smartphone and/or tablet:
- Customer database
- Inventory availability
- Number of orders
- Items sold
- Discounts and vouchers
- Stock values
- Employees management
- Sales operations
All these information can be supplied at the end of the working day or in real-time. Given that Android POS is a cloud-based system, data backups allow to check the business performance on a customised time basis that can be daily, weekly, monthly or yearly. At this purpose, it is possible to integrate the Android POS system with the current POS software as effectively.
The analysis of the store management performance can be presented in the form of graphs or reports. Not only that, the Android POS system is multi-user and multi-location. You can synchronise many mobile devices, so that all the features listed above can be checked from different appliances.
Read more: ePOS for iPad
Android POS Hardware
Multiple devices can be added as part of the hardware with the wireless connection.
- Receipt printers
- Barcode scanners
- Customer monitor
- Credit card terminals
- Cash drawer
According to your business features, these and many more electronic tools can be connected to the same Android POS system from long distance. If the company is just online-based, no further hardware components are needed.
In any case, Android POS systems ensure the fastest and safest payment transactions. Therefore, it is up to the merchant to choose the most suitable payment processor according to the company needs.
Last but not least, POS software makes the Android POS system working as normal cash registers but wireless and under-size. POS software can be cloud-based or externally installed.
POS software keeps the Android POS system constantly updated and sends information about sales, inventory, orders, employees operations and much more in real-time.
Read more: Point of Sale Display Software
Top 5 Free Android POS Apps
First of all, there is a wide range of Android POS Apps to choose from, whether free of charge or offered for sale. However, we will briefly present the most recent and free Android POS Apps that boast 4+ ratings thanks to their thousands of users.
- TabShop is free but also available in a pay PRO version, depending on the requirements. It provides a simple and fast connection between your Android POS system and the invoice printer. In addition, it allows to monitor efficiently your inventory.
- iReap POS Lite is very helpful for 360-degree store management and has been designed especially for small business. It ensures multiple functions such as stock control, sales operations, customers database, reports and graphs, code scanning and much more.
- W&O Restaurant POS guarantees great performance for quick service in restaurants and is compatible to the existing hardware. All data concerning orders, payments and menu management are recorded even without the internet connection.
- Mswipe Wisepad POS is mainly conceived for receiving all types of money transactions. Furthermore, it synchronises multiple devices via bluetooth. It secures to keep track of all the operations and historical data.
- Square Register is another multifunctional app that works also as card reader for payment transactions. Further features include inventory and items management, sales tracking and business performance analysis.
Read more: UK Point of Sale Systems
If you are interested in purchasing an Android POS system for your business do not hesitate to fill in the form on the right side of the page. We will match your request with our providers and you will receive up to 4 free non-binding quotes purposely customised to your company.