Which Are the Best Inkjet Printers?
There are a wide variety of inkjet printers that suit a range of contexts and meet an assortment of needs. Within the range of inkjet printers available on the market today are units that can deliver precise printing results and each model will have its own benefits and disadvantages.
The following information will try to assist you with finding which inkjet printer is best for you and your business. This will be summarised by looking at which printers are best at handling the most common needs: printing photographs, printing complex colour images, wireless connectivity, cost effective printing, and multi-functionality.
Which Inkjet Printer to Choose for Printing Photographs?
The best inkjet printers for printing photographs fall essentially under two categories: dedicated and near-dedicated printers. The difference between these two printer classes is whether they are dedicated to exclusively printing photographs or near-dedicated to printing photographs by being able to print text and graphics.
Dedicated photo inkjet printers tend to be limited by the paper size that they can handle but they tend to be more mobile than their near-dedicated counterparts. Dedicated inkjet printers tend to be easier to use and are geared towards printing directly from mobile and camera devices.
The best photograph inkjet printers in 2015 are near-dedicated printers while dedicated printers tend not to be suitable for businesses that are looking to be able to print both photographs and other documents. Note that near-dedicated printers, while being able to print simple content such as text and graphics, may only be able to do so at an adequate quality.
You should consider investing in a colour laser printer if you need to print high quality text and basic graphics, especially if you are interested in printing high volumes of business documents at a low cost.
The best photo inkjet printers in 2015 are dominated by Epson and Hewlett-Packard with three printers that print great quality photographs:
- The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 (around RRP £420) is a relatively inexpensive high-end, near-dedicated photo printer. With an optimized DPI of 5760 x 1440 and with its roller paper feature it can print high quality, professional images at sizes up to 13 by 44 inches. This printer is popular among graphic designers and photographers due to its high print quality, speed and special features.
- The Epson Stylus Photo R2880 (around RRP £800) can deliver an unprecedented level of depth and colour detail with the ability to print on a wide variety of artistic and photographic paper. At a higher price than other near-dedicated photo printers, the R2800 is almost a dedicated printer, due to the level of quality when it comes to printing black and white photographs. Ultimately, printing in black and white is where this printer outperforms all other photo printers but if you regularly change between matte and glossy paper then this printer will be a poor choice.
- The HP Photosmart B8550 Photo Printer (around RRP £300) is an inexpensive marvel of a photo printer that can applauded for its usability and its tabloid sized (A3) printing output is relatively fast for a photo inkjet printer. This printer is however not ideal for professional photographers and is geared toward serious amateurs and small businesses that need to occasionally print images to showcase their events, products and other achievements.
These printers may not be ideal for an office setting where a printer needs to handle a diverse set of tasks.You should read about the best multifunction inkjet printers further down on this page for information about why they might be more suited for your business.
Which Wireless Inkjet Printers Are the Best?
The best wireless inkjet printers will naturally be the printers that are easiest to connect to and are able to handle the largest volume of data. There are a variety of ways in which users can connect to a printer although the most common is via a local wireless network (WLAN or Wifi).
Connecting wirelessly to a printer has never been easier, users can now connect directly to their printer from a variety of devices through the use of direct wifi, bluetooth and an array of mobile applications.
This can be useful in scenarios where there are many users that need to access a handful of printers from a wide range of devices. Being able to connect quickly and fluidly to a printer of your choice will leave you time to work on what matters. Below are some of the best inkjet printers for wireless printing as they have complete wireless connectivity:
The Epson WorkForce Pro WF-5190 (around £200 RRP) is a high volume, low maintenance office wireless inkjet printer that has a variety of attractive features, such as automatic duplex printing and it has an overall low running cost. This affordable office printer is ideal for small and medium sized offices that need to print high volumes of complex images from a variety of devices.
The Brother MFC-J470DW (around £100 RRP) is a low cost wireless printer that is optimal for home and small office use. Ease of use, high toner yield and its automatic document feeder make it suitable for low volume professional use. However, the printer has a lower capacity and is not ideal for offices with ten or more employees.
The Brother MFC-J6920DW (around £300 RRP) is a fast, high capacity (500 pages) office printer that can handle automatic duplex printing, A3 sized paper and all at a low cost with super high yield toner compatibility.
Which Are the Most Economical Inkjet Printers?
Which inkjet printers are the most economical will depend on how you want to reduce the costs, in the short term with lower initial costs or in the long term with the running costs.
Toner, paper and servicing prices tend to be the highest associated costs with inkjet printers. The most economical inkjet printers will therefore be the ones that have the highest toner yield as well as duplex printing and require the least maintenance.
The following printers are the most economical as they have the highest toner yield and they tend to be the most reliable:
- The HP Officejet Pro 8630 (around £300 RRP) is ideal for any marketing and sales departments that are looking to print high volumes of high quality, complex prints without breaking their budget. When the HP high yield XL ink is used, the 8630 can print high volumes of high resolution prints.
- The Epson Workforce Pro WF-5190DW (around £350 RRP) is part of a series that is highly competitive when it comes to the cost per page of printing. Similar laser printer models by competing brands will typically cost at least 60% more when printing complex images and the WF-5190DW is an ideal addition to lean businesses.
The HP Officejet Pro X576DW (around £450 RRP) is the epitome of excellent high end office inkjet printers. This model boasts a colour touch screen, print heads that cover the full width of the page and a place in the Guinness World Records as being the fastest printer to print 500 pages.This multifunctional printer is thoroughly economical with its high toner yield, automatic duplex printing, long lifetime and efficient power saving attributes.
Which Are the Best Multifunction Printers?
The best multifunction inkjet printers (MFP), also known as all-in-one (AIO) or 4-in-1 printers can handle a variety of tasks that are critical for modern businesses to operate. Printing, scanning and copying are vital functions for most offices and others will also need to be able to email and fax. MFP are ideal for the modern office space.
Most MFP will, in addition to being able to handle documents in an assortment of ways, have features that make them ideal for fast paced office environments: automatic document feeders, complete wireless connectivity, automatic duplex printing and a variety of post printing finishes (staples, punched holes and folding).
The following MFP printers are the most integrated, the fastest and the best inkjet printers for most businesses looking to print high volumes of high quality documents:
The HP Officejet Pro X476dw (around £550 RRP) uses thermal inkjet technology, can print high quality complex images and competes with equivalent laser printers in terms of its toner yield. This MFP is certainly a superior office printer and will be a valuable investment for marketing and sales departments that are looking to be able to print high quality reports and promotional materials.
The Epson WorkForce Pro WF-5620DWF (around £250 RRP) is a reasonably priced office inkjet printer that uses Epson’s PrecisionCore print heads to deliver better print speed and quality. This high volume inkjet printer is perfect for home and small businesses that are looking to print on a tight budget.
The HP Officejet Pro 8630 (around £300 RRP) is a great mid-range MFP that, as previously mentioned, can print high quality documents at a desirable speed and price. This printer is ideal for marketing, sales and reporting purposes that need to impress with their promotional materials.
Find Which is the Best Inkjet Printer for Your Business
Ultimately the best inkjet printers are the ones that can either meet a variety of needs or serve a specific printing purpose. Inkjet printers are generally best for printing complex products that need to be of a high quality, such as marketing materials or photographs. What sets high-end inkjet printers apart are variables such as quality, speed and the need for multi-functionality.
If, however, your business needs to print high volumes of text and basic graphics then you would be better off investing in a laser printer that would have a lower cost per page for printing non-complex content.
If you would like to know more about which inkjet printer is best for your business then fill out a quote request form and we will connect you with qualified suppliers of high quality office inkjet printers, for free.